Norwin announces 2022 sports hall of fame class
Tuesday, July 26, 2022 | 3:28 PM
From its all-time leading scorer in girls basketball, to a pair of three-sport standouts, to two WPIAL championship teams of 2016, the Norwin Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2022 covers a lot of ground.
Soccer, wrestling and football also are part of the mix. Even the district’s favorite ticket-taker and 50/50 hype man is getting inducted.
Here is the latest class, which will be honored Oct. 6 at Stratigos Banquet Centre on North Huntingdon:
• Bob Goltz (Class of 1970) — Track and field, football and basketball
• Alayna Gribble (2016) — Basketball
• Micalya Livingston (2016) — Soccer
• Alicia Nalevanko (1996) — Girls soccer
• John Onderison (1965) — Basketball
• Harvey Ruffin — Contributor
• Jason Staso (1998) — Golf, wrestling and baseball
• Tyler Urban (2008) — Football and basketball
• 2016 girls basketball team
• 2016 baseball team
Bill Beckner Jr. is a Tribune-Review Staff Writer. You can contact Bill by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter .
More High School Other• High school scores, summaries and schedules for Nov. 26, 2022
• Pine-Richland notebook: XFL comes calling for Ben DiNucci
• Franklin Regional notebook: Football standouts earn postseason honors
• Franklin Regional teams win youth football championships
• High school scores, summaries and schedules for Nov. 25, 2022