Teams stay put in this week’s Trib 10 football power rankings
By: Don Rebel
Monday, November 5, 2018 | 7:03 PM
Every Tuesday during the 2018 WPIAL football season, the TribLive High School Sports Network releases weekly Power Rankings. These rankings have zero classification boundaries.
With very few eyebrow raisers on opening night of the district playoffs, there are zero changes from last week in the power rankings.
Two ranked teams enjoyed a Class 6A bye while the other eight teams were taking care of business in either first round or quarterfinal contests.
Now things should start to get interesting in the second week of the WPIAL postseason.
While there are no head-to-head battles of ranked teams, the opponents are a lot tougher and include former top 10 teams Seneca Valley, McKeesport, Franklin Regional and Belle Vernon.
Will these 10 powers advance to the finals or final four in their respective class with wins this week or will there be a big changing of the guard heading into Heinz Field?
Here are the rankings heading into Week 11.
WPIAL football Trib 10
Team, record, last week’s ranking, this week’s opponent
1. North Allegheny, 10-0, 1, hosts Seneca Valley on Trib HSSN
2. Gateway, 11-0, 2, vs. Franklin Regional on Trib HSSN
3. Penn Hills, 11-0, 3, vs. McKeesport on Trib HSSN
4. Thomas Jefferson, 10-0, 4, vs. Blackhawk on Trib HSSN
5. Pine-Richland, 8-2, 5, hosts Mt. Lebanon on Trib HSSN
6. Jeannette, 11-0, 6, vs. Rochester on Trib HSSN
7. Shady Side Academy, 10-0, 7, vs. South Side Beaver on Trib HSSN
8. Aliquippa, 10-1, 8, vs. Beaver Falls on Trib HSSN
9. South Fayette, 10-1, 9, vs. Belle Vernon on Trib HSSN
10. Peters Township, 9-2, 10, vs. Penn-Trafford on Trib HSSN
Don Rebel is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Don at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @TheDonRebel.