How to watch Monday’s WPIAL basketball championships on Trib HSSN
Monday, March 15, 2021 | 11:19 AM
The final four WPIAL basketball championship games will be played tonight at a pair of high school gymnasiums, and a quartet of teams will be rewarded for persevering during an unprecedented 2020-21 season.
Teams endured covid-19 protocols and shutdowns that provided a bigger challenge than any on-court opponent.
They continued to focus on goals of playing for a WPIAL title, and those dreams will become reality tonight.
The TribLive High School Network has you covered with exclusive live video stream broadcasts of all 12 championship games, as well as game coverage, photos, scores and summaries of all the action.
Trib HSSN brings you the Best Seat in the House with all live and archived broadcasts free to stream.
Here’s how to tune in to tonight’s games:
Class 4A championship
No. 5 North Catholic (18-4) vs. No. 2 Lincoln Park (17-5) at North Allegheny, 8 p.m.
• Bob Orkwis and Kyle Dawson have the call as the Trojans battle the Leopards, starting at 7:50 p.m. on Trib HSSN.
Class 3A championship
No. 1 South Allegheny (17-4) vs. No. 11 Ellwood City (13-4) at Peters Township, 5 p.m.
• James Dotson and Jerin Steele are on the mic as the Gladiators battle the Wolverines, starting at 4:50 p.m. on Trib HSSN.
Class 5A championship
No. 1 Trinity (21-1) vs. No. 2 Chartiers Valley (22-3) at Peters Township, 8 p.m.
• Mitch Montani and Alex Lyons are on the call as the Hillers battle the defending champion Colts, starting at 7:50 p.m. on Trib HSSN.
Class A championship
No. 1 Rochester (14-3) vs. No. 2 West Greene (18-3) at North Allegheny, 5 p.m.
• Jack Hillgrove and Lou Rood call the defending champion Rams vs. the Pioneers, starting at 4:50 p.m. on Trib HSSN.
THE REBEL YELL
Broadcasters Don Rebel and James Dotson break down this week’s WPIAL playoff games in this HSSN podcast, The Rebel Yell.
Bill Hartlep is the sports editor of the Tribune-Review. You can contact Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @BHartlep_Trib.
More Basketball• Thomas Jefferson grad Lexi Dadig set to play basketball at next level
• Chartiers Valley’s Marian Turnbull commits to Northeastern
• New Norwin coach sees untapped potential in boys basketball program
• Norwin boosters, friends present Ty Bilinsky with check to help with medical expenses
• Westmoreland high school notebook: Latrobe’s Rafferty commits to IUP