Key matchups ahead in Week 4 for teams in Trib 10 high school football power rankings
By: HSSN Staff
Monday, September 17, 2018 | 7:14 PM
Every Tuesday during the 2018 WPIAL football season, the TribLive High School Sports Network releases weekly power rankings. These rankings have zero classification boundaries.
Eight of the Trib 10 teams from a week ago were winners, so once again, the top five remains intact.
For the second week in a row, the No. 6 team fell. McKeesport was bounced from the rankings after being upset at home by Penn-Trafford.
Also for a second consecutive week, the No. 10 team lost and was ousted. West Allegheny dropped from the ranks of the unbeaten when it fell to Peters Township in a battle of the Indians.
Week 4 has no head-to-head matchups of current Trib 10 teams, but Penn Hills, Aliquippa, North Allegheny, Central Catholic and Upper St. Clair will face stiff competition Friday night in games featured on Trib HSSN.
Here are rankings heading into Week 4.
WPIAL football Trib 10
Team, record, last week’s ranking, this week’s opponent
1. Pine-Richland, 3-1, 1, at Norwin
2. Gateway, 4-0, 2, at Ringgold
3. Penn Hills, 4-0, 3, hosts Kiski Area on Trib HSSN
4. Aliquippa, 4-0, 4, at Beaver Falls on Trib HSSN
5. North Allegheny, 4-0, 5, at Mt. Lebanon on Trib HSSN
6. Thomas Jefferson, 3-0, 7, hosts Trinity
7. Jeannette, 4-0, 8, hosts Springdale on Trib HSSN
8. Central Catholic, 3-1, 9, at Bethel Park on Trib HSSN
9. Keystone Oaks, 4-0, NR, hosts Central Valley
10. Upper St. Clair, 4-0, NR, hosts West Allegheny on Trib HSSN
Out: McKeesport, West Allegheny
Don Rebel is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Don at [email protected] or via Twitter @TheDonRebel.