Kiski Duals to feature WPIAL wrestling’s heavy hitters
Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 6:01 PM
About the only thing Kiski Area athletic director John Peterman hasn’t changed this past month is his last name, and that may change.
Peterman has been scheduling, rescheduling and canceling events.
“It’s minute by minute,” he said. “Wait a while and things may change again.”
And because of the coronavirus, the Kiski Area Duals has seen a drastic change.
Because three teams dropped out this week, Peterman has been able to put together a duals tournament on Saturday that features five of the top teams in the WPIAL Class AAA – No. 1 Waynesburg, No. 2 Seneca Valley, No. 4 Canon-McMillan, No. 5 Franklin Regional and No. 7 Kiski Area.
The other teams entered include Mt. Lebanon, Penn-Trafford and Mars.
Action begins at 8 a.m.
There are five other tournaments this weekend: an individual tournament at North Allegheny and duals tournaments at Brookville, Burgettstown, Southmoreland and Hampton.
• Burgettstown includes Upper St. Clair, South Fayette and Chartiers Valley.
• Hampton includes Hempfield, Thomas Jefferson, Mt. Pleasant, Fox Chapel and Quaker Vallley.
• Southmoreland includes Frazier, North Star, Greensburg Salem, Pine-Richland, Fort Cherry, Albert Gallatin, Derry, Butler, Beth-Center, Elizabeth Forward and Highlands.
• Brookville includes Burrell and Chestnut Ridge. Fort LeBoeuf was forced to pull out earlier this week.
• North Allegheny includes North Hills, Latrobe, Grove City, Norwin, Belle Vernon, Trinity, Freedom and General McLane.
Paul Schofield is a Tribune-Review Staff Writer. You can contact Paul by email at email@example.com or via Twitter .
More High School Sports• High school scores, summaries and schedule for March 6, 2021
• Hampton boys win school’s first WPIAL team swimming title in 22 years
• Belle Vernon’s Shahan claims 2 more WPIAL individual championships
• Mt. Pleasant’s Pitzer pins his way to Class AA West Super Regional title
• 5 WPIAL wrestlers headed to Hershey with Class AA Super Regional titles