No movement in this week’s Trib 10 football power rankings
By: Don Rebel
Monday, October 8, 2018 | 7:00 PM
Every Tuesday during the 2018 WPIAL football season, the TribLive High School Sports Network releases weekly power rankings. These rankings have zero classification boundaries.
Perfection is thy name. For the first time this season, all of the Trib 10 teams were victorious last week and thus there is no movement up and down the top 10.
So now is a good time to offer an explanation of sorts. People or groups of people approach various rankings differently. Some will shuffle the deck no matter what happens. If school A beats a tough team and school B cruises to a blowout, school A jumps school B.
Not here. If you win, no matter who you play, you deserve to stay put or move up if somebody ahead of you was knocked off.
Week 7 has no head-to-head contests and very little in the form of marquee games. In fact, only Jeannette faces a team (Greensburg Central Catholic) with an overall record over .500.
Here are the rankings heading into Week 7:
WPIAL Football Trib 10
Team, record, last week’s ranking, this week’s opponent
1. Pine-Richland, 6-1, 1, hosts Mt. Lebanon on Trib HSSN
2. Gateway, 7-0, 2, hosts Albert Gallatin
3. Penn Hills, 7-0, 3, hosts Shaler
4. Aliquippa, 7-0, 4, at South Park
5. North Allegheny, 7-0, 5, at Hempfield on Trib HSSN
6. Thomas Jefferson, 6-0, 6, at Laurel Highlands
7. Jeannette, 7-0, 7, hosts Greensburg Central Catholic
8. Shady Side Academy, 6-0, 8, at Fort Cherry
9. West Allegheny, 5-1, 9, at Hampton
10. South Fayette, 6-1, 10, hosts Highlands
Don Rebel is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Don at email@example.com or via Twitter @TheDonRebel.