Penn-Trafford football announces latest hall of fame class
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 | 1:30 AM
Penn-Trafford announced its 2019 Warrior Football Hall of Fame class.
The committee scours over decades of program history, dating back to players from Trafford and Penn Joint, which later became Penn-Trafford, to come up with a well-balanced class.
This year’s honorees include:
• Tim Cortazzo (Penn-Trafford Class of 2007)
• Mark Ferguson (Penn-Trafford, 1992)
• Kurt Johnson (Penn-Trafford, 1999)
• Jim Santimauro (Penn-Trafford, 1993)
• Marty Schneider (Trafford, 1962)
• Sonny Thomas (Coach, Penn-Trafford, 1980-86, 95-2001, ‘11-13)
• 1968 Trafford Tomahawks (Coached by Steven Zigarovich)
The committee also announced a special award that will go to Sam DeNillo, Sr. He coached in the Penn-Trafford Midget Athletic Association for 42 years. In the future, notable contributors will receive the “Sam DeNillo, Sr. Award.”
The newest class will be honored at a banquet Sept. 28. Banquet and ticket information will be announced later.
The inductees also will be recognized Sept. 27 at Warrior Stadium when Penn-Trafford hosts Plum.
Announcing Warrior Football Hall of Fame Class of 2019: Tim Cortazzo, Mark Ferguson, Kurt Johnson, Jim Santimauro, Marty Schneider, Coach Sonny Thomas, 1968 Trafford Tomahawks team, and Coach Sam DeNillo Sr. (Outstanding Contributor) Banquet Sept 28 2019 @T_Cortazzo @PTWarriors pic.twitter.com/N4HtBaCvxp— Rush Pedder (@RushPedder) April 9, 2019
Bill Beckner Jr. is a Tribune-Review Staff Writer. You can contact Bill by email at email@example.com or via Twitter .
More Football• Avonworth’s Trevor Faulkner starting to reel in collegiate offers
• Trib HSSN May Madness: Montae Nicholson, Gateway vs. Spencer Lee, Franklin Regional
• Trib HSSN May Madness: Lamont Wade, Clairton vs. T.J. McConnell, Chartiers Valley
• WPIAL alumni Ian Happ, LaVar Arrington pass on valuable, virtual advice to alma maters
• Trib HSSN May Madness: Steve Breaston, Woodland Hills vs. Jonathan Baldwin, Aliquippa