PIHL Penguin Cup Playoff Recaps for Wednesday, March 9th

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 | 12:00 AM

While ten of eleven higher seeds moved on to the Final Four on Quarterfinals Wednesday in the PIHL playoffs, most of them did so with a mighty struggle, including one overtime game and one double overtime thriller. Plus the one upset as the 3rd-seed in Class A is eliminated. Here are recaps from all eleven PIHL Quarterfinals games from Wednesday as the stage is now set for the Penguins Cup Semifinals on the grand stage of the CONSOL Energy Center.

Thanks to Greg Kuntz, Josh Rowntree, Steve Nagler, Randy Gore, Sam Hall, Matt Vandriak, Don Rebel, Mike Azadian, Adam Hoerner and Dan Zangrilli for their help on these recaps.


Fox Chapel Foxes 4 – Norwin Knights 3
The Norwin Knights attampted to carry the momentum they gained from beating State College in the first round into their matchup with the top-seeded Fox Chapel Foxes. As it turned out, they ended up giving the Foxes all they could handle, but eventually fell just short. Fox Chapel got on the board first 4:30 into the first period as great puck movement and forechecking in the offensive zone led to Colin Cheng firing a slap shot from the high slot past Kinghts' netminder Scott Cromling. Norwin answered a little over 4 minutes later as Tim Palmer was set up neatly by Neil Stewart in front of the FC net. and he put a shot past Tyler Fannie to tie the score. Early in the 2nd period, however, Norwin's Kevin Saksa was whistled for interference, and it took only 49 seconds for Christian Wirginis of the Foxes to cash in with the first of his 2 power play goals to make it 2-1. That goal was set up by a Wil Lorenz slapper from the center point. It only took a little over 90 seconds for the Knights to respond to that goal as Joe Demarchi was set up by Dante Youhon to beat Fannie for a 2-all game. The Foxes regained the lead near the end of Period #2 as Wirginis took advantage of an elbowing penalty by Norwin's leading scorer Dan Merz. His second goal gave Fox Chapel a 3-2 advantage. Merz atoned for his penalty over 4 minutes into the 3rd period as he tied the game at 3 with his goal. Over 3 minutes later, however, Bryan Hovanec took the puck in the middle slot and drove a shot past Cromling for the go-ahead goal, 4-3. Norwin would get one last opportunity near the end as they pulled Cromling and were the beneficiaries of a late Fox Chapel penalty, which essentially gave the Knights a 2-man advantage for the rest of the game. Fox Chapel rose to the occasion, however, and played their patented stifling defense to preserve the victory and move on to the semifinals. FC outshot Norwin, 28-25, and rendered them ineffective on the power play as the Knights went 0-6. The Foxes cashed in on 2 of their 3 chances. Fox Chapel will face either Upper St. Clair, North Allegheny, or Pittsburgh Central Catholic in the semifinal round while Norwin's season ends at 9-12-1.

Canon-McMillan Big Macs 4 – Shaler Titans 3 in Overtime
Last season, Canon-McMillan pulled off one upset after another on their way to becoming 2009-2010 PIHL AAA Champions. Wednesday night, the second-seeded Big Macs had to fend off a team looking to do the same to them by overcoming two different two-goal deficits and knocking off the ninth-seeded Shaler Titans 4-3, in overtime. Canon-Mac would look to be on their heels early on and, after putting Shaler on a two-man advantage only 2:04 into the game, Brian Stein would punch home the game's first goal at the 2:16 mark and it was 1-0 Shaler. After multiple penalties, Shaler's Dillon Burkharth would put a Mike Powell pass home, giving Shaler a 2-0. However, Canon-Mac would come out flying in the second period. Brett Oldaker would bang home a rebound off a Anthony Tonkovich shot at the 1:34 mark, cutting the Shaler lead to 2-1. Shaler, though on their heels for the first time in the game, would bring an attack the other way and, after taking a pass from Conor Burke, Dalton Shirring would notch his second goal of the playoffs, putt Shaler back up by two goals. The Big Macs would come out of the intermission flying yet again though and Tonkovich would pull his team within one, tallying a goal only 48 seconds into the period. Physicality would pick up throughout the third and, with 8:48 left in the game, Canon-Mac would get the equalizer on a Nick Harrison goal from a bizarre angle, tying the game at 3-3. Both teams would play hesitantly in the overtime, with neither generating a lot of offensive chances. However, with 2:43 left in the overtime, Steven Webb would throw an innocent looking pass into the crease. The puck appeared to deflect off a Shaler defender's skate and trickle into the net, giving the Big Macs the comeback 4-3 overtime victory. Canon-McMillan, now 16-4-1 on the year, will move on to the semifinals where they will meet third-seeded Bethel Park at Consol Energy Center on either Monday or Tuesday. Shaler will see their season end at 11-9-2.

S: 2-1-0-0=3
CM: 0-1-2-1=4

1st Period:
S: Brian Stein (1) (Powerplay) (2:16) (1-0 S)
S: Dillon Burkharth (1) (Assist- Mike Powell) (12:38) (2-0 S)
2nd Period:
CM: Brett Oldaker (1) (Assist- Anthony Tonkovich) (1:34) (2-1 S)
S: Dalton Shirring (2) (Assist- Conor Burke) (3:39) (3-1 S)
3rd Period:
CM: Tonkovich (1) (0:48) (3-2 S)
CM: Nick Harrison (1) (8:48) (3-3)
CM" Steven Wade (1) (12:17) (4-3 CM)

S: 1/5
CM: 0/5

Management Science Associates Three Stars
1. Steven Wade (CM) (GWG)
2. Anthony Tonkovich (CM) (G, A)
3. Ryan Palonis (CM)

Bethel Park Black Hawks 5 – Pittsburgh Central Catholic Vikings 1
Bethel Park's Daniel Kucerovy scored two second period power play goals and goaltender Austin McGinty stopped 15 of the 16 shots he faced as Bethel Park cruised to an easy Quarter-final victory over the Pittsburgh Central Catholic Vikings. The Blackhawks dominated from start to finish as they out-shot the Vikings 38-16 but found themselves in a scoreless tie late in the first period when Jacob Brown scored from the right point at the 11:46 mark. Andrew Topka then scored the second Blackhawk goal 1:47 later as he beat Viking goaltender Brandon Savka on a breakaway to give Bethel Park a commanding 2-0 lead heading into the second period. Kucerovy's two second period power-play goals, both assisted by Michael Shipley, essentially put the game out of reach, giving the Blackhawks a 4-0 lead. The Vikings were able to get on the scoreboard late in the second period as Neil Carleton scored a power play goal with :10.7 left. The score never got any closer as Bethel Park's Dale Reither scored into the empty net to cap the scoring. With the win, Bethel Park will take on Canon McMillan in the semi-finals next week at the Consol Energy Center.

Upper St. Clair Panthers 4 – North Allegheny Tigers 2
With a trip to the Consol Energy Center and the semifinals on the line, the Upper St. Clair Panthers outlasted the North Allegheny Tigers, 4-2, in the quarterfinals of the PIHL playoffs on Wednesday night. In an extremely exciting game at the Ice Castle in Castle Shannon, the fourth-seeded Panthers outscored the fifth-seeded Tigers, 3-1, in the final period to eek out a close contest. Upper St. Clair's Justin Selep netted two goals in the game, the first and last of the night. After a scoreless first period, the Panthers were granted a power play on a high sticking call on North Allegheny. With the man advantage, C.J. Murray set up Selep on a perfect pass to give Upper St. Clair a 1-0 lead just 1:23 into the second period. While Murray, one of the top scorers in the PIHL, earned the assist on the opening goal, he was otherwise kept silent by a swarming North Allegheny defense. With the Tigers a two-man advantage minutes later, NA tied the game on a Dalton Landman goal to knot things up at 1-1. The game remained tied until the third period, when Luke Stork put a shot in the back of the Tigers net to put Upper St. Clair back ahead, 2-1, with 10:32 on the clock. A cross checking penalty on Stork with 6:58 to go in the game appeared to give the Tigers a big opportunity to find the equalizer. However, a turnover forced by USC's Tim Shoup led to a Stephen Gielarowski short-handed goal and the Panthers held a 3-1 lead with 5:43 to play. Despite being two goals down, North Allegheny returned fire with another goal by Landman to narrow the gap to 3-2, Panthers. An interference penalty on Gielarowski with 2:36 remaining in regulation set the stage for another Tigers power play and an exciting finish at the Ice Castle. Behind outstanding play by net minder Michael Ambrose, Upper St. Clair killed the penalty and shortly after locked up the game on an empty netter by Selep to bring the final score to 4-2. Upper St. Clair improves to 14-6-1 and advances to the PIHL semifinals next week. North Allegheny's season ends with a record of 13-7-2.



Peters Township Indians 8 – Pine-Richland Rams 1
The top seeded Peters Township Indians would jump out to an early lead and would never look back, cruising to an 8-1 Quarterfinal victory over the eight-seeded Pine-Richland Rams at the Ice-O-Plex at Southpointe. Both Taylor Cox and Trevor Recktenwald would both notch hat tricks in the rout for the Indians. Cox got the scoring going early, collecting assists from Aaron McDunnough and Ben Zalewski and making an amazing move around the defense, then roofing a nifty wrist shot top shelf at the 4:15 mark, making it 1-0 Indians. Only a minute later, Recktenwald would record his first tally of the night on passes from Alex Dagnal and Mike Glicksman, giving Peters Township the 2-0 lead into the first intermission. Cox would strike again 5:13 into the second period, forcing a turnover on his own and beating Grant Goldberg for the 3-0 lead. Only 24 seconds later, Alex Dagnal would notch another unassisted goal, giving the Indians the 4-0 lead. Pine-Richland would finally get on the board, as Scott McAliney would force a turnover in the offensive zone and put home a wrister on the powerplay, cutting the lead to 4-1. However, after another Peters Township goal by Ben Dachille to end the period at 5-1, the Indians would get two more goals from Rectenwald and another, on the powerplay, from Cox in the third to make the final 8-1. The game would take an ugly turn at the end though. After a fight broke out between Peters Township's Alex Dagnal and Pine-Richland's John Willard, a total of nine penalties would be put in the books and the game would need to be stopped to clear out Peters Township's rowdy student section. The good news for Peters Township, now 18-2-1 on the year, is that Dagnal will not be suspended for Peters Township's semifinal game against fourth-seeded Chartiers Valley at CONSOL Energy Center on Monday or Tuesday. Pine-Richland will see their season end at 10-11-1.

PR: 0-1-0=1
PT: 2-3-3=8

1st Period:
PT: Taylor Cox (1) (Assists- Aaron McDunnough, Ben Zalewski) (4:15) (1-0 PT)
PT: Trevor Recktenwald (1) (Assists- Alex Dagnal, Mike Glicksman) (5:15) (2-0 PT)
2nd Period:
PT: Cox (2) (Unassisted) (5:13) (3-0 PT)
PT: Dagnal (1) (Unassisted) (5:37) (4-0 PT)
PR: Scott Mcaliney (1) (Powerplay) (Assist- Julian Rizza) (7:46) (4-1 PT)
PT: Ben Dachille (1) (Assists- Glicksman, Recktenwald) (12:29) (5-1 PT)
3rd Period:
PT: Recktenwald (2) (Assist- Glicksman) (0:48) (6-1 PT)
PT: Recktenwald (3) (Assist- Davon Groom) (4:06) (7-1 PT)
PT: Cox (3) (Powerplay) (Assist- McDunnough, Zalewski) (7:37) (8-1 PT)

PR: 1/5
PT: 1/4

Management Science Associates Three Stars:
1. Trever Recktenwald (PT) (3 G, A)
2. Taylor Cox (PT) (3 G)
3. Mike Glicksman (PT) (3A)

Bishop Canevin Crusaders 8 – Elizabeth Forward Warriors 3
The Bishop Canevin Crusaders overcame a slow start and cruised to an 8-3 win over the Elizabeth Forward Warriors in a PIHL AA quarterfinal game Wednesday night at Mount Lebanon Ice Arena. The second-seeded Crusaders fell behind by a goal in the first period twice against the upstart Warriors but managed to salt the game away with a dramatic finish to the second period. Elizabeth Farward broke out on top just 15 seconds into the contest as Ryan Lizik found Dustin Briggs just below the left dot and Briggs was able to beat Canevin netminder Zach Daley for a 1-0 lead. BC would get the equalizer with 10:30 to play in the first period when Matt Walsh got his first of three on the night to tie it at 1-1. The Warriors got their second lead of the night when Jeremy Moeller scored on the power play with 7:56 remaining in period number one and E-F led 2-1. But Canevin would score the final two goals of the period, take a 3-2 lead into the second and never look back, it all started with Kendall King getting his first of two goals on the night at the 9:32 mark of the first with a sizzling wrister from center point to tie the game at three. Garret Godlewski gave the Crusaders a lead they would never relinquish with his marker at 13:22 and at the end of one it was Canevin 3 Elizabeth Forward 2. The difference in the game came in the closing moments of the second period. Nicholas Hart had given Canevin a 2 goal lead about 10 minutes into the period, but E-F seemed to be finding a second wind, but late in the period they were stoned on back-to-back power play opportunities thanks in large part to stellar play by Crusader goalie Zach Daley. Then in a whirlwind 10.4 seconds the opportunity was gone for the Warriors. With the clock winding down in the second Kendall King scored his second of the night at the 15:50 mark to make it 5-2 Canevin and then in a flash with just 2.7 seconds remaining in the period Walsh netted his second of the night and boom at the break Canevin led 6-2. Justin Delmaster would add a third period goal for E-F, and Canevin would get one from Frankie Vance as well as Walsh who scored the hat trick to take it to the final score of 8-3. Canevin moves on into the semis next week at Consol Energy Center and, on the MSA Sports Network.

Score by Periods:
Bishop Canevin: 3 – 3 – 2 = 8
Elizabeth Forward: 2 – 0 – 1 = 3

Shots on Goal:
Bishop Canevin: 12 – 5 – 9 = 26
Elizabeth Forward: 6 – 14 – 6 = 26

Management Science Associates Three Stars:
3) Zach Daley (BC) (23 Saves)
2) Kendall King (BC) (2 Goals 1 Assist)
1) Matt Walsh (BC) (Hat Trick)

Latrobe Wildcats 4 – West Allegheny Indians 2
The Latrobe Wildcats took their first step towards a Penguins Cup "four-peat" as they defeated West Allegheny in a Class-AA Quarterfinal round game at the Kirk Nevin Arena in Greensburg. Led by Zach LaDuke's four goals, the Wildcats jumped to an early lead, than scored three 2nd period goals en route to the victory. Latrobe had the better of the play early on, but Indians goaltender Jason Kumpfmiller was strong making several big saves to keep the game scoreless for the first ten-plus minutes of the opening period. West Allegheny was awarded a late power play, but it was the Wildcats who would find the net. LaDuke stole the puck at the point in the Wildcats zone, than skated coast to coast and beat Kumpfmiller with a nifty forehand to backhand move to put Latrobe up 1-0 with 1:29 left in the 1st. That would be the only goal of the opening frame, as Latrobe led 1-0 after 15-minutes. It didn't West Allegheny long to get the equalizer. Just :30 seconds into the 2nd on the same power play that LaDuke scored short-handed on, the Indians Christopher Allison snatched a rebound from the end boards off of Zachary Hayes slap shot to tie the score at 1-1. But 1:30 later LaDuke would put the Wildcats ahead 2-1 off of an assist from Joshua Singley. Those two would combine again on the Wilcats 3rd goal at the 5:49 mark with Singley setting LaDuke up for the hat-trick. West Allegheny kept fighting though, and would draw to within a goal with 2:44 left in the period. Jared DiSanti set up Jonathan Levitt for the PPG to make the score 4-3. But when it seemed like the Indians had the momentum, it was LaDuke who would steal it away. On another late period power play, LaDuke would score his 2nd short-handed goal and 4th goal of the night with just :54 seconds left in the second period, to put Latrobe ahead to stay at 4-2. Neither team would score in the 3rd period, but the story of the night was Zach LaDuke. LaDuke's 4-goal performance was his 7th hat-trick of the season and the 31st consecutive game in which he's scored. Latrobe (16-4-1), moves one step closer to their 4th consecutive Penguins Cup with the win as they head to the Consol Energy Center for the semi-finals either Monday or Tuesday night. West Allegheny finishes 2010-2011 with a final record of 12-7-2.

Latrobe 1 3 0 4
WA 0 2 0 2


Latrobe (13:31)–Zach LaDuke (U/A) SHG

WA (:30)–Christopher Allison (Zachary Hayes, Jonathan Levitt) PPG
Latrobe (2:00)–LaDuke(2) (Joshua Singley)
Latrobe (5:49)–LaDuke(3) (Singley)
WA (12:16)–Levitt (Jared DiSanti) PPG
Latrobe (14:06)–LaDuke(4) (U/A) SHG

No Scoring

Latrobe 10 14 10 34
WA 6 6 4 16

Latrobe 0-3
WA 2-6

Shane Brudnok (Latrobe)–16 shots/14 saves
Jason Kumpfmiller (WA)–34 shots/30 saves

Chartiers Valley Colts 5 – Montour Spartans 4 in Double Overtime
A great comeback in regulation by Chartiers Valley was capped off when Justin Sabilla scored his third goal of the game early in the second overtime to lead the Colts into the Semifinals with a dramtic 5-4 victory over the Montour Spartans Wednesday night at the Mount Lebanon Ice Arena. The game winner came 1:57 into the second ten minute overtime when Sabilla crossed the high slot from right to left and sent a soft shot toward the net that eluded Montour goaltender Matthew Penz, who was sliding to his right following Sabilla. The shot ended up just inside the far post and triggered a wild celebration for the Colts, who were trailing by two goals with 90 seconds left in regulation. Montour jumped out on top only 2:16 into the contest on a goal by Zachary Milnarcik with assists by Domenic Martinelli and Zach Schwartz. It was the start of a big night for that line. The Colts tied the game midway through the first when Bob Tracy scored on an assist from David Levy and Sabilla, the first of five points for Sabilla. The Spartans regained the lead late in the first on an amazing goal by Martinelli, who scored on a one-timer one second off a face off win by Milnarcik. Austin Kronz cranked home a shot from the center point past Colts goalie Noah Stevenson for a power play goal with under four minutes left in the second for the only tally in the second period to give Montour a 3-1 lead. Only 9 seconds into the third period, it looked like the Spartans had iced it has Milnarcik glided behind the net and sent a pass it front that was quickly snapped into the net by Martinelli for a 4-1 Montour lead. However a Spartans penalty gave the Colts new life as Sabilla scored a power play goal less than two minutes later to pull Chartiers Valley back to within two goals. Montour did a good job maintaining that edge until late. A turnover in the nuetral zone with an extra attacker on allowed Tracy to skate down the left side where he then threw a cross ice pass to Sabilla who went top shelf over Penz to make it 4-3 Spartans with 1:16 left. Chartiers Valley puuled their golaie again in the final minute of play and it payed off when Sabilla's shot was stopped by Penz as the rebound went right to Tracy who threw the puck in front where it was redirected by Jonathan Levy for the game tying goal with only 16.1 seconds remaining. Each team killed off a power play in the first overtime, setting up Sabilla's heroics in double OT. Montour's season ends in heartbreak fashion with a 12-7-2 record while Chartiers Valley improves to 17-4-0 and will battle top-seed Peters Township in the Semifinals at the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh on either Monday or Tuesday at 7:00pm.

Montour : 2 – 1 – 1 – 0 – 0 = 4
Chartiers Valley : 1 – 0 – 3 – 0 – 1 = 5

1st Period:
Mont: Zachary Milnarcik (Martinelli, Schwartz) 2:16
CV: Bob Tracy (D.Levy, Sabilla) 8:37
Mont: Domenic Martinelli (Milnarcik) 13:40
2nd Period:
Mont: Austin Kronz (Martinelli, Milnarcik) 11:14 (PPG)
3rd Period:
Mont: Domenic Martinelli (Milnarcik, Kronz) :09
CV: Justin Sabilla (T.Stevenson) 1:57 (PPG)
CV: Justin Sabilla (Tracy, J.Levy) 13:44 (EA)
CV: Jonathan Levy (Tracy, Sabilla) 14:44 (EA)
1st Overtime:
no scoring
2nd Overtime:
CV: Justin Sabilla (unassisted) 1:57

Shots on Goal:
Montour : 9 – 5 – 12 – 4 – 5 = 35
Chartiers Valley : 13 – 10 – 12 – 5 – 1 = 41

Montour : Matthew Penz (41 shots, 36 saves)
Chartiers Valley : Noah Stevenson (35 shots, 31 saves)

Management Science Associates Three Stars:
3) Zach Milnarcik & Domenic Martinelli (Mont)
2) Bob Tracy (CV)
1) Justin Sabilla (CV)



Kittanning Wildcats 8 – Central Valley Warriors 0
At the Belmont Ice Arena in Kittanning in PIHL Class A Quarterfinal play, the Kittanning Wildcats cruised to an easy 8-0 victory over the Central Valley Warriors. It all started :23 seconds into the first period as Troy Schall scored to make it 1-0. Just :30 seconds later the Wildcats would pounce again to make it 2-0 on a Hunter Grafton goal. Kittanning would wait four more minutes and score two more quick goals within :30 seconds one by Jake Enders, the other by Hunter Anthony to go up 4-0.Heinz Koster ended the first period scoring to put the Wikdcats up 5-0 after the first period. The home crowd was a buzz and in rare form as the Kittanning students came dressedbin every kind outfit to cheer their team on. The had more to celebrate in the 2nd period as Schall scored two more goals to give himself the hat trick and the Wildcats a 7-0 lead after two periods. Schall would score again in the 3rd period on a great individual effort, beating a defenseman, then besting Warrior goaltender Nathan Wormwald with an unbelievable move tobend the scoring. Kittanning outshot Central Valley 30-17. The Wildcats were led by Schall with four goals and one assist, Koster with three points, Enders with three, Tyler Crissman with three assists, and Grafton with three points. Central Valley ends their season at 8-14-1. Kittanning improves ton 21-1-0 and will head to Consol Energy Center to play in the PIHL semifinals either Monday March 14th, or Tuesday March 15th against Hampton.

Mars Fighting Planets 5 – South Fayette Lions 0
South Fayette (12-9-2) goaltender Michael Coyne did yeoman's work to keep his team in the game, but too many penalties ultimately cost the Lions, and they fell 5-0 to two-time defending Penguins Cup champion Mars (21-1-0) in a quarterfinals match-up Wednesday night at BladeRunners in Warrendale. It looked like we would have a scoreless first period, but Rob Sigurdsson staked the Planets to a 1-0 lead on a shorthanded goal at 13:59 of the opening frame, a low back-hander. Mars would follow up with an early second period goal as Elliot Tisdale walked in and roofed one to the glove side at the 2:14 mark. South Fayette would go on to kill four Mars power plays through the balance of the period, including a pair of two-man advantages. The Planets struck again early in the third, though, with Joe Bender setting up Austin Heakins on the break. Then, late in the period, the Lions' penalties finally caught up with them as Bender scored twice on power plays at 8:56 and 11:32 to seal the victory. Mars will draw Westmont-Hilltop in the semifinal round at the Consol Energy Center next week.

Score by periods:
South Fayette – 0-0-0=0
Mars – 1-1-3=5

Shots on goal:
South Fayette – 3-7-3-=13
Mars – 7-27-17=51

MSA Three Stars:
3. Michael Coyne, South Fayette – 46 saves
2. Elliot Tisdale, Mars – 1 G, 1 A
1. Joe Bender, Mars – 2 PPG, 1 A

Play of the game:
Tisdale's beautiful individual effort against Coyne for the second goal of the game and only tally of the second period.

Hampton Talbots 6 – Serra Catholic Eagles 3
The No. 6 Hampton Tailbots fell down 2-0 early but were able to net four unanswered goals to take a 4-2 lead and eventually win 6-3 in upset fashion over the No. 3 Serra Catholic Eagles on Wednesday night at Rostraver Ice Garden. The Eagles received first period goals from R.J. Kendi and Jarrett Ruchka to take the early lead, but goals from Ian Wood and the first of two netted by Zach Homitz knotted the score at 2-2 by the time two minutes had gone by in the second period. Homitz had a pair of goals and three points total (assisting on another), Luke Leya had a pair and Wood also added an empty netter late in the third period. The Talbots (16-6-0) were able to put six goals behind Eagles netminder Garrett Hudson on just 14 total shots on goal. Conversely, the Eagles (16-5-1) had 33 shots on goal, but Talbots goalie Sam Wilson stopped 30 shots in the contest.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

More Hockey

Hampton sophomore skates to national hockey championship
High school roundup for April 18, 2022: TJ’s Joyce scores winning goal in inaugural PIHL girls game
PIHL’s top players fill the nets during 2022 all-star games
Talented young goalie backstops Quaker Valley hockey to memorable season
Norwin hockey celebrates ‘huge accomplishment’ of Penguins Cup