Riverside’s Jenny Ard is The Golden Girl in WPIAL Girls AA Diving Finals
Friday, February 25, 2011 | 12:00 AM
For Jenny Ard, this has been a long time coming. Ard, the senior, has finished in fourth place in the WPIAL AA Diving Championships two years in a row, but was able to overtake Kathleen Dunst during the final round of competition to bring the gold medal back to Riverside Friday afternoon at South Park High School.
She and Dunst, the Trinity Junior, battled back and forth all day, overtaking each other for first place on multiple occasions. Going into the final dive, Dunst led with a score of 330.90 over Ard's 329.20. However, Ard's final dive was just a bit better than Dunst's, and she captured the Championship.
Joining Ard and Dunst in the top three was Mohawk freshman McKenzie Stetler.
Here are the top ten finishers with the top six moving on to PIAA Championships. The top eight all medal:
1. Jenny Ard — Riverside (360.55)
2. Kathleen Dunst — Trinity (359.40)
3. McKenzie Stetler — Mohawk (348.30)
4. Leah Schaughency — Beaver (328.85)
5. Morgan Marion — Riverside (328.80)
6. Noelle Melani — South Park (322.85)
7. Alexandra Misenhelter — Mars (316.35)
8. Grace Klimek — South Fayette (315.00)
9. Shayna Fiorina — Derry (308.40)
10. Jessica Mandus — West Allegheny (281.25)
More Swimming• Gateway swimmers send off coach at PIAA championships
• Quaker Valley swim teams seeing results
• Plum swimmers cap special season at PIAA championships
• Will Retsch ends Hampton swimming career with record-shattering flourish
• Quaker Valley swimmers, divers produce medal-winning performances