Trib 10: One team falls out of power rankings in 2nd week of WPIAL playoff action
Wednesday, November 17, 2021 | 9:47 PM
It was nearly a perfect week for the teams ranked in the Week 11 edition of the Trib 10 power rankings.
Nine of the teams were victorious in their playoffs games with only No. 8 Hampton getting bounced from the chase for district gold and the HSSN power rankings.
There will be at least two teams falling this weekend with a pair of head-to-head contests set for Friday and Saturday.
On Semifinals Friday, No. 5 Moon will battle No. 10 Penn Hills in Class 5A. Then on Championship Saturday, top-ranked Mt. Lebanon squares off with No. 4 and two-time defending champion Central Catholic in the 6A title game.
These rankings have zero classification boundaries. Teams are listed with overall record and last week’s ranking.
4. Central Catholic, 9-2, (4): The Vikings play No. 1 Mt. Lebanon, Saturday on HSSN
10. Penn Hills, 8-3, (NR): The Indians play No. 5 Moon, Friday on HSSN
Out: Hampton Talbots
More Football• Trib HSSN state high school football rankings for Oct. 4, 2022
• Trib HSSN Football Team of the Week 2022: Week 5
• This week on Trib HSSN for week of Oct. 3, 2022
• Ryan Palmieri boosts Pine-Richland with whatever-it-takes attitude
• High school roundup for Oct. 1, 2022: Western Beaver runs past Freedom