Trib 10: Pair of big-time clashes in Week 9 sure to shake up power rankings
Wednesday, October 26, 2022 | 6:10 PM
While some WPIAL football teams are set to play out the string, turn in the uniforms and start to prepare for 2023, many others, including the teams below, are fine-tuning their games in preparation for the postseason.
Nine of the 10 power-ranked teams this week will be playing for an outright conference championship. With a conference crown comes home field advantage and a possible top 3-seed when the brackets are unveiled on HSSN at 2 p.m. Saturday.
There are two head-to-head battles in Week 9, including the much-anticipated showdown in the Class 4A Parkway Conference as defending 4A district and state champion Aliquippa takes on defending 3A district and state champion Central Valley at Freedom.
Here are the latest Trib 10 power rankings. Teams are listed with overall record, last week’s ranking and opponent in Week 9. These rankings have zero classification boundaries.
2. Central Valley, 9-0, (2): The Warriors visit No. 1 Aliquippa on Friday on HSSN
9. Belle Vernon, 6-2, (10): The Leopards visit No. 5 Elizabeth Forward on Friday on HSSN
More Football• A-K Valley football players to watch in 2023 Week 5
• A-K Valley high school football matchups for 2023 Week 5
• 2023 Western Pa. high school football schedule for Week 5
• Coach rejoins spirited rivalry between Norwin, Penn-Trafford
• Trib HSSN Pennsylvania high school football rankings for Sept. 26, 2023