Trib 10: Regular season finales are great, but don’t look past Week 8
Wednesday, October 19, 2022 | 7:13 PM
In fact, Week 9 features plenty of showdown football games with conference titles at stake up and down each of the six classifications.
However, every football coach will tell you to take them one week at a time. If there are any teams looking ahead past Week 8, then the limelight dulls a bit on the final night of the regular season.
Only one district team was left in the dark after Week 7 as Upper St. Clair lost for a second straight game and dropped from the Trib 10.
The other power in the 4A Parkway Conference, Aliquippa, remains on top as it has all season in the HSSN power rankings.
Here are the latest Trib 10 power rankings with record, last week’s ranking and upcoming opponent in Week 8. These rankings have zero classification boundaries.
1. Aliquippa, 7-0, (1): The Quips visit Chartiers Valley on Friday
2. Central Valley, 8-0, (2): The Warriors host No. 7 West Allegheny on Friday on HSSN
7. West Allegheny, 7-1, (9): The Indians visit No. 2 Central Valley on Friday on HSSN
Out: Upper St. Clair Panthers
More Football• North Catholic’s Brady O’Hara commits to Penn State; 2nd WPIAL recruit in 2 days for Nittany Lions
• Trib HSSN football player of the week for 2023 Week 4
• This week on Trib HSSN for week of Sept. 25, 2023
• Trib HSSN football team of the week for 2023 Week 4
• Shaler football builds chemistry during red-hot start to season