Trib 10 teams show their power in opening round of WPIAL football playoffs
Wednesday, November 6, 2019 | 9:17 PM
There were no changes to this week’s Trib 10 as the ranked teams from last week were perfect.
It was a strong start to the district postseason for eight members of the power rankings, as they avoided upsets and advanced to either the WPIAL semifinals or quarterfinals.
One team is guaranteed not to survive to the third week of the district playoffs as No. 4 Pine-Richland hosts No. 6 North Allegheny in a Class 6A semifinal rematch of their Week 9 showdown for first place.
Here are the rankings heading into Week 11. These rankings have zero classification boundaries. Last week’s ranking follows current record.
WPIAL Football Trib Ten
Team, overall record, last week’s ranking, this week’s opponent
4. Pine-Richland, 9-1, (4), hosts No. 6 North Allegheny on Friday on Trib HSSN
6. North Allegheny, 10-1, (6), at No. 4 Pine-Richland on Friday on Trib HSSN
8. Central Valley, 10-1, (8), vs. Derry on Friday on Trib HSSN
More Football• Ryan Palmieri boosts Pine-Richland with whatever-it-takes attitude
• High school roundup for Oct. 1, 2022: Western Beaver runs past Freedom
• TribLive HSSN WPIAL football rankings: Week ending Oct. 2, 2022
• Jeannette jumps on Riverview for 2nd win
• Kiski Area’s Flemm overcomes injuries, mother’s bout with cancer to become stalwart for football team