Trib 10: Week 4 filled with marquee matchups between power-ranked teams
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 | 7:51 PM
We still have two high school football weekends left in September, but Week 4 will have a November football feel to it.
No, the weather will be just fine, but the quality of football should be playoff-like with big matchups here and there across all six classifications.
The best example of that are this week’s Trib 10 power rankings.
Six of the 10 power-ranked teams will be squaring off with three games matching No. 1 against No. 2 teams in their respective classifications Friday.
Here are the latest Trib 10 power rankings for 2023 with overall record, last week’s ranking and opponent in Week 4. These rankings have zero classification boundaries.
2. Central Catholic, 4-0, (2): The Vikings visit No. 1 North Allegheny on Friday on Trib HSSN
5. Belle Vernon, 3-0, (6): The Leopards host No. 4 Thomas Jefferson on Friday
6. Peters Township, 4-0, (8): The Indians host No. 8 Upper St. Clair on Friday on Trib HSSN
8. Upper St. Clair, 4-0, (NR): The Panthers visit No. 6 Peters Township on Friday on Trib HSSN
Out of Power Rankings from last week – Montour
More Football• Pine-Richland grad catches on as receiver at Albany
• Southern Columbia’s 99-yard drive dashes Westinghouse’s state championship hopes
• PIAA football Class 6A championship preview: North Allegheny vs. St. Joseph’s Prep
• Belle Vernon ready to finish job in state championship vs. Northwestern Lehigh
• Connellsville school board decides to opt out of WPIAL football schedule, play as an independent