Trib HSSN State Football Rankings for Oct. 19, 2021
Tuesday, October 19, 2021 | 8:45 PM
Now that we have hit the 2021 “stretch run,” the elite high school football teams across the state are picking it up a notch.
Of the 30 teams from last week’s HSSN state rankings, only three tasted defeat and two were bumped from the top five.
District 1 Chester lost and dropped out in 5A while District 6 Portage also fell on the gridiron and out of the Class A rankings.
District 6 McDowell fell hard to Maryland power Rock Creek Christian Academy, but the Trojans remain ranked as they dropped from No. 2 to No. 5.
The top-ranked teams all won as Central York (6A), Governor Mifflin (5A), Jersey Shore (4A), Central Valley (3A), Sto-Rox (2A) and Steelton-Highspire (A) remain atop their classifications heading into Week 8.
Here are the latest HSSN rankings in each of the six classifications. Teams are listed with overall record, last week’s ranking and district.
1. Central York (8-0) (1) (D-3): The Panthers defeated Northeastern in Week 7, 53-7. They visit Dallastown on Friday.
2. St. Joseph’s Prep (4-2) (3) (D-12): The defending state champion Hawks defeated Archbishop Wood in Week 7, 38-20. They visit Roman Catholic on Friday.
4. LaSalle College (6-1) (4) (D-12): The Explorers did not play in Week 7. They visit Father Judge on Friday.
5. McDowell (6-1) (2) (D-10): The Trojans lost to Rock Creek Christian Academy (Md) in Week 7, 50-10. They visit Conneaut Area on Friday.
1. Governor Mifflin (7-0) (1) (D-3): The Mustangs defeated Muhlenberg in Week 7, 49-0. They host Daniel Boone on Friday.
3. Imhotep Charter (6-1) (3) (D-12): The Panthers defeated Martin Luther King in Week 7, 44-3. They host Olney on Saturday.
5. Shippensburg (8-0) (NR) (D-3): The Greyhounds defeated West Perry Week 7, 48-14. They host East Pennsboro on Friday.
Out: Chester (D-1)
1. Jersey Shore (8-0) (1) (D-4): The Bulldogs defeated Danville in Week 7, 42-21. They visit Bald Eagle on Friday.
5. Harrisburg Bishop McDevitt (6-1) (5) (D-3): The Crusaders defeated Milton Hershey in Week 7, 63-0. They visit Red Land on Friday.
2. Wyomissing (7-0) (2) (D-3): The Spartans defeated Kutztown in Week 7, 56-6. They host Schuylkill Valley on Saturday.
3. Neumann-Goretti (6-1) (3) (D-12): The Saints defeated Archbishop Carroll in Week 7, 54-0. They visit Cardinal O’Hara on Friday.
4. North Schuylkill (8-0) (4) (D-11): The Spartans defeated Salisbury Township in Week 7, 42-0. They visit Tamaqua on Friday.
5. Martinsburg Central (8-0) (5) (D-6): The Dragons defeated Bishop McCort in Week 7, 55-7. They visit Westmont-Hilltop on Saturday.
2. Southern Columbia (7-1) (2) (D-4): The defending state champion Tigers defeated Hugesville in Week 7, 41-7. They visit Selinsgrove on Friday.
3. Farrell (5-0) (3) (D-10): The Steelers did not play in Week 7. They host Kennedy Catholic on Friday.
4. Bellwood-Antis (8-0) (4) (D-6): The Blue Devils defeated Mount Union in Week 7, 49-0. They host Juniata Valley on Friday.
1. Steelton-Highspire (7-0) (1) (D-3): The defending state champion Steamrollers defeated Camp Hill in Week 7, 67-2. They visit Big Spring on Friday.
2. Canton (8-0) (2) (D-4): The Warriors defeated Athens in Week 7, 34-10. They visit Hanover Area on Friday.
3. Old Forge (7-0) (3) (D-2): The Blue Devils defeated Holy Cross in Week 7, 24-21. They visit Susquehanna on Friday.
5. Muncy (7-1) (NR) (D-4): The Indians defeated Montgomery in Week 7, 40-18. They visit Homer-Center on Friday on HSSN.
Out: Portage (D-6)
More Football• Trib HSSN state high school football rankings for Oct. 4, 2022
• Trib HSSN Football Team of the Week 2022: Week 5
• This week on Trib HSSN for week of Oct. 3, 2022
• Ryan Palmieri boosts Pine-Richland with whatever-it-takes attitude
• High school roundup for Oct. 1, 2022: Western Beaver runs past Freedom