Trib HSSN state football rankings for Oct. 20, 2020
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 | 8:26 PM
For the first time all season, all 30 teams included in the Trib HSSN state rankings were in action.
It was a banner week for the elite teams in Pennsylvania as 28 of them were victorious and only two fell to defeat and fell out of the top five.
One of them was LaSalle College. The Explorers lost in a battle of ranked 6A teams to top-ranked St. Joseph Prep, 38-14.
The other ranked team that lost and dropped out was District 2 Dunmore in Class 2A. The Bucks were replaced by District 6 unbeaten Bellwood-Antis.
Week 7 is the regular season finale for many districts and is also a quiet weekend in District 10 as most teams enjoy a week off before the D-10 playoffs begin next week.
Here is the latest HSSN top five in each of the six classifications. Teams are listed with record, last week’s ranking and district.
1. St. Joe’s Prep (2-0) (1) (D-12): The Hawks beat No. 5 LaSalle College in Week 6, 38-14. On Saturday, they host Bishop Sycamore (Ohio).
2. Central Dauphin (4-0) (2) (D-3): The Rams beat Altoona in Week 6, 49-20. On Friday, they visit Central Dauphin East.
4. Archbishop Wood (1-0) (4) (D-12): The Vikings beat Bishop McDevitt in Week 6, 35-14. On Saturday, they host Roman Catholic.
5. Nazareth (4-0) (NR) (D-11): The Eagles beat Bethlehem Freedom in Week 6, 21-7. On Friday, they visit Bethlehem Liberty.
Out: LaSalle College (12)
2. Warwick (5-0) (2) (D-3): The Warriors beat Solanco in Week 6, 48-14. On Friday, they host Cocalico.
5. Imhotep Charter (1-0) (5) (D-12): The Panthers beat Martin Luther King on Friday, 53-20. On Friday, they visit Olney.
2. Jersey Shore (5-0) (2) (D-4): The Bulldogs beat Shikellamy in Week 6, 16-0. On Friday, they visit Central Mountain.
3. Bishop McDevitt (4-0) (3) (D-3): The Crusaders beat Cumberland Valley in Week 6, 45-10. On Friday, they host Red Land.
4. Lampeter-Strasburg (5-0) (4) (D-3): The Pioneers beat Garden Spot in Week 6, 40-7. On Friday, they visit Ephrata.
2. Wyomissing (5-0) (2) (D-3): The Spartans beat Kutztown in Week 6, 62-0. On Friday, they visit Schuylkill Valley.
3. Hickory (6-0) (3) (D-10): The Hornets beat Slippery Rock in Week 6, 28-7. They do not play this weekend.
4. Scranton Prep (3-0) (4) (D-2): The Cavaliers beat Mid-Valley in Week 6, 44-14. On Friday, they visit West Scranton.
5. Montoursville (6-0) (5) (D-4): The Warriors beat Loyalsock Township in Week 6, 23-12. On Friday, they visit Warrior Run.
1. Southern Columbia (6-0) (1) (D-4): The defending state 2A champion Tigers beat Lewisburg in Week 6, 42-7. On Friday, they visit Central Columbia.
2. Wilmington (6-0) (2) (D-10): The Greyhounds beat Sharpsville in Week 6, 57-14. They do not play this weekend.
4. Berlin-Brothersvalley (6-0) (5) (D-5): The Mountaineers beat Portage in Week 6, 30-0. On Friday, they visit Forest Hills.
5. Bellwood-Antis (5-0) (NR) (D-6): The Blue Devils did not play in Week 6. On Friday, they visit Juniata Valley.
Out: Dunmore (2)
2. Old Forge (3-0) (2) (D-2): The Blue Devils beat Susquehanna in Week 6, 47-6. On Friday, they host Lackawanna Trail.
3. Steelton-Highspire (4-0) (3) (D-3): The Steamrollers beat Camp Hill in Week 6, 36-26. On Friday, they host Big Spring.
4. Reynolds (6-0) (4) (D-10): The Raiders beat Kennedy Catholic in Week 6, 34-18. They do not play this weekend.
More Football• Ryan Palmieri boosts Pine-Richland with whatever-it-takes attitude
• High school roundup for Oct. 1, 2022: Western Beaver runs past Freedom
• TribLive HSSN WPIAL football rankings: Week ending Oct. 2, 2022
• Jeannette jumps on Riverview for 2nd win
• Kiski Area’s Flemm overcomes injuries, mother’s bout with cancer to become stalwart for football team