WPIAL boys lacrosse playoff clinchings through May 10, 2022
Wednesday, May 11, 2022 | 4:46 PM
Here are the latest WPIAL boys’ lacrosse standings and the final district playoff clinchings for the 2022 season.
The top six teams in each section will qualify for the district postseason. Only section records are shown.
# — Clinched section championship
* — Clinched playoff berth
x — Eliminated from playoff chase
#-Mt. Lebanon, 7-0
*-Peters Township, 7-1
*-Upper St. Clair, 6-2
*-Bethel Park, 5-3
#-North Allegheny, 7-0
*-Shady Side Academy, 7-1
*-Seneca Valley, 4-3
Central Catholic, 3-4
Fox Chapel, 3-5
• If Central Catholic beats Seneca Valley on Wednesday, the Vikings clinch. If Central Catholic loses, they fall into a tie for sixth place and Fox Chapel would qualify bases on the Foxes’ head-to-head win over the Vikings.
#-Quaker Valley, 8-0
*-Franklin Regional, 6-2
*-South Fayette, 6-2
*-Sewickley Academy, 3-5
Greensburg Central Catholic, 2-5
x-Chartiers Valley, 2-5
x-Winchester Thurston, 1-7
• If Greensburg Central Catholic beats Chartiers Valley on Wednesday, GCC and Sewickley Academy would clinch. If Chartiers Valley wins, CV and Sewickley Academy would clinch.
*-North Hills, 5-4
x-North Catholic, 4-5
More High School Lacrosse• First-round playoff loss ends Pine-Richland boys lacrosse season
• Penn-Trafford savors 1st boys lacrosse playoff victory
• Led by emerging talents, North Hills boys lacrosse team on the rise
• Fox Chapel boys lacrosse says goodbye to large senior class
• What to watch for in WPIAL sports on May 19, 2022: Upset winners to meet in 5A baseball