Frazier’s Lawrence among top wrestlers returning in WPIAL Class AA
By: Paul Schofield
Wednesday, December 5, 2018 | 7:48 PM
Returning PIAA Class AA champion
Thayne Lawrence, Frazier (30-2 last season)
• The junior is a two-time WPIAL champion and won the 152-pound title. His career record is 67-8.
Returning PIAA Class AA placewinners
Christian Clutter, McGuffey (47-6)
• The senior has a 119-23 career record, was the WPIAL 170-pound champion last season and is a two-time winner. He placed fourth in the state.
Dom DeLuca, Derry (48-5)
• The senior is the returning WPIAL 220 champion who placed second in the state. His career record is 116-23.
Jacob Ealy, Hopewell (37-6)
The senior placed fourth in the WPIAL and fifth in the PIAA Class AAA tournaments at 126.
Dom Fundy, Beth-Center (29-2)
• The senior missed the 2018 state tournament but placed second in 2017 at 182. His career record is 104-14.
Bryson Miller, Freedom (34-7)
• The senior is the returning WPIAL 195 champion who placed fifth in the state. His career record is 92-28.
Ian Oswalt, Burrell (47-10)
• The sophomore was a WPIAL champion at 113 who placed fourth in the state tournament.
Conner Redinger, Quaker Valley (39-2)
• The sophomore was a WPIAL and regional champion who placed third at 106.
David Schuffert, Valley (37-6)
• The senior was the WPIAL heavyweight runner-up. He placed seventh in the state and has a 91-24 career record.
Trent Schultheis, Freedom (40-18)
• The sophomore is the returning 132 WPIAL champion who finished eighth in the state.
Jon Vargo, Bentworth (34-8)
• The senior was the WPIAL 182 champion who placed fifth in the state. He has a 62-19 record.
Other returning WPIAL champions
Jake Pail, Freedom (32-11)
• The senior was the 138 champion and has an 89-38 career record.
Trent Valovchik, Burrell (35-15)
• The junior was the 2017 WPIAL 103 champion who placed fifth last year. His career record is 70-28.
Paul Schofield is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @Schofield_Trib.