COUNTDOWN to KICKOFF 2017
Friday, August 4, 2017 | 10:09 AM
The countdown to the start of the 2017 high school football season is underway. Last season dealt with major changes with the expansion from four to six classifications and teams having the option to have a second scrimmage on or playing an actual non-conference game that had been labeled Week Zero, which will be on 8/26 or 8/27 this season. Week One this season is set for Friday, September 1st and Saturday, September 2nd. Training camps for the new campaign open up in Western Pennsylvania on Monday, August 14th. As has been the case in the seventeen previous years here at the MSA Sports Network, the ONLY place to turn for original DAILY updates that help prepare fans for all the excitement of the new high school football season in the WPIAL is ‘Countdown to Kickoff 2017’ ONLY here at www.msasports.net
Updated Through August 13th:
* 2017 Kennywood Preseason All-Star Team Presentation Show LIVE from Kennywood Park (UPDATED)
MSA Sports ‘Countdown to Kickoff 2017 once again kicked off with Josh Rowntree, Sean Meyers, James Dotson, Kyle Dawson and Mike Azadian visiting with the players from the 2017 MSA Sports/Kennywood Park Preseason All-Star Team as the players were honored during the presentation awards show on MSA Sports. Click below shows to listen and watch to the achived fun.
* Football Schedules for Every WPIAL and Pittsburgh City League High School (UPDATED)
MSA Sports ‘Countdown to Kickoff 2017 began with the releasing of this seasons football schedules for every team in the WPIAL and the Pittsburgh City League. Just click here and locate your favorite school. Then click on the football link at top of the school page. Every game, whether it be non-conference or conference for all 122 teams in the WPIAL and 6 Pittsburgh City League teams is just a few clicks away.
* A Look Back at the 2016 WPIAL Football Season (UPDATED)
* Players to Watch in Each Classification (Now thru Aug 15th)
* Previews of Every Conference in All Six Classifications (Coming Aug 14th thru Aug 25th)
A look at the strengths and weaknesses of every team, including MSA Sports predictions for each of the 15 conferences and the Pittsburgh City League.
* Complete Scrimmage Schedule For Week #1 (Coming Aug 14th)
Here is a rundown of all the district first week scrimmages to be played on Saturday, August 20th.
* New Head Football Coaches (Coming Aug 15th)
New Faces – New Places – New Hopes – New Dreams. Some are rookie head coaches replacing long-time legendary coaches while other veteran coaches are starting over at new venues. Some schools have a new football coach for the first time in decades while others continue to play roulette with their head coaching position. Here is the rundown of the new WPIAL football coaches.
* Complete WPIAL/City League SATURDAY High School Football Schedule (Aug 19th)
Everybody knows about the passion that is Friday night high school football in Western Pennsylvania. However let’s not forget the local teams that still tee it up “old school” under the sun on Saturday afternoons or under the lights on Saturday night. Check out the complete WPIAL Saturday Schedule.
* 2017 MSA Sports Preseason Elite 11 (Aug 20th)
The MSA Sports Elite Eleven are the individuals MSA Sports believes are the best of the best, the top players in the WPIAL coming into the 2016 season. Check out the MSA Sports Preseason Elite Eleven.
* Complete Scrimmage Schedule – Week #2 (Coming Aug 21st)
A second scrimmage is an option starting this year. But while some teams have decided to play a “Week Zero” game, here is a rundown of the Week Two scrimmages to be played on Friday, August 26th.
* MSA Sports Preseason Rankings (Coming Aug 26th thru Aug 31st)
Each and every Monday during the high school football season, MSA Sports will rank the top ten teams in each of the four WPIAL classifications. Here are the initial pre-season rankings in each class for 2017.
More Uncategorized• Erka stars at sectionals for Hampton golf
• Consumer goods companies lead modest rebound in U.S. stocks
• Ohio State joins list of schools recruiting Mars’ Michael Carmody
• Leechburg boys pull away from Bishop Canevin after halftime
• Versatile Penn-Trafford looks to threaten in WPIAL playoffs